26 March, 2012

Virtual Visit

Today I have decided to invite you to a virtual visit to my home studio. A virtual visit means you don't get to see the untidy (ok, more untidy) parts of my studio.
Getting my studio organised into its most efficient arrangement seems to be an on-going process.That's because it is also home to some of my things that don't have a good home elsewhere in the house.




Please come in.




The immediate eye-catcher is my easel which shows a current work in progress. Hold on. Who's that in the background?



It's Vincent van Gogh who oversees activities in the studio, keeping me on my toes. He's not smiling so what have I done wrong now?!


Next to my easel are some of my paints and mediums.


In another part of the studio are some of my painting props. I'm slowly building these up.


Also evolving is my inspiration board of colours, scenes and other items which encourage and inspire me.




Other sources of inspirations are the lives of my favourite artists, my art journals and the photographs I take.


This sign reminds me to get outside to seek new inspiration from my surroundings.



I enjoy looking at artwork I've done in the past. There's Vinnie again. Still not happy. Probably thinks I should get back to work.


Thank you for coming.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "invite" and letting me see your studio!! It looks great, as does your work. How are things in sunny CA?
    Laurie Fagen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are good thank you Laurie. It has been more chilly than normal but not enough to complain as it is still sunny :-) I'm developing and progressing more as an artist here in CA compared with AZ. But as you know art is a journey and I still feel I have lots more to learn and discover. Hoping things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great studio you have created! It must be a wonderful place for you to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is Once Upon. It is practical in that I have things set up for ease of working but it has lovely things to look at to remind me of good times and people and to inspire me. It manages to be a place for work and a special retreat.

    ReplyDelete