03 December, 2010

Tis the Season: Roger’s Gardens

Since Christmas is one of my very (very) favourite times of the year come mid- to late November I’m out there on the hunt for places or events that have something to do with Christmas - particularly if they have decorations. And lights. I’m not looking for design ideas as we decorate with our same stuff every year (let’s call it tradition decorating). Rather I want to soak up and revel in the sights and colours of Christmas decorations (and lights). If I also find some inspiration for my Christmas cards then all well and good.

Now that Stats, our favourite Christmas shop to look at, in Capistrano Beach has closed we have to find another one to fill the gap. A contender is the one at Roger’s Gardens (a nursery) in Corona Del Mar. Although it’s a lot farther away, the journey up the coast on Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) is a treat in itself, especially on a gorgeous day like it was when we went in November.

Here are some of the highlights (actually I couldn’t choose so it’s all the highlights).




I love the coastal olde worlde Father Christmas.



There's a tree underneath there somewhere.



These remind me of the Santons I saw in France.


I hope my name is on his list!





 Since I said how nice the journey along PCH is I should include at least one picture of it. This is my favourite portion. You come over a small hill and there is this beautiful cove right next to the road.





















No comments:

Post a Comment