06 June, 2013

On a Mission 2

This is part two of my visit to the Mission in San Juan Capistrano.



A path runs past the ruins of the old Church and leads to this lovely courtyard.


That courtyard leads to a small cemetery.



Next to the cemetery is a private area closed off by a locked gate.


Off the courtyard this post started with is another courtyard. Peaceful and serene. 
The first time I came across this courtyard it was full of children on a school trip. By moving on and returning later I was able to get this picture and have the space to myself for several minutes.


Inside the Mission Church.


The Church can be entered through a side door from the Mission cemetery. Exiting the church from what is actually the entrance brings you to the central courtyard and the colonnades surrounding it.





Even with as many school groups and other visitors roaming the grounds on the day I was there, it was still possible to be 'alone' on the grounds and get photographs without or with few people in them.




These are among my favourite areas of the Mission.

More next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment