11 July, 2011

Place Setting

I have a wonderful little art studio in my home where I can lock myself away to paint and draw. It isn't big but it's big enough. What I don't have is a large space for setting up still life arrangements up against a plain background. So I have to improvise.




What I have is a square unit that hubby made that used to hold stereo equipment and which is now my still life table.
To block out the busyness of the studio behind, which I was finding distracting, I put a piece of white board behind the flower propped up by some aids from my pantry.


Here is the painting that resulted.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice to see the painting that was inspired by the arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was an interesting juxtaposition to see what I was seeing as I was painting and how I changed it in translating it onto the painting.

    ReplyDelete