09 January, 2011

When the Visitors Go Home part 2

Although I always hope to see some birds, a seal or something, there are days at the beach in autumn and winter when it's just you, the sand, and the ocean.
It doesn't matter because it's always interesting and beautiful in some way. The light in the sky, the light on the ocean, the clouds, the tide etc. is different every day. There is always something to see and enjoy.

Sometimes it pays to take your eye off the ocean for a moment to see what else is going on. I took this picture after seeing someone looking up at the top of a lamp post. I didn't know what I'd taken until I downloaded it at home and a friend told me it was an Osprey.


I loved this green light when I saw it and asked hubby to stop and so I could capture it before it disappeared.

I love egrets. They stand out so white against their surroundings.

Several egrets and a blue heron all together.

This was during low tide on another day in the same spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment