07 March, 2014

Sea For Yourself

As I think I have said before, no matter how often I go to the beach (which is not as often as I would right now), there is always something interesting to see.

I love to look at the whole scene and see the various colours in the sky and ocean according to the weather and time of day.


This is one of my favourite spots to go to as there is always a wealth of bird life (during the non-tourist times of year)


There were the usual egrets and herons as well as curlews and sandpipers (not pictured) which I can look at time and time again.




I don't forget to look down as I walk (particularly since there are many rocks, pebbles, and seaweed at the shoreline which could trip me up). However, on this particular day I spotted some seaweed I've never seen before. It looked like it had escaped from a kingdom of snow and ice (such as that found near the start of 'The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe')


Once I noticed it, I realised that there were several different types.



Then I decided to focus on all the various colours and textures along the stretch of beach I was walking on.

















I don't have a large expensive camera so I was really happy with the degree of sand texture I was able to capture.


From a distance the seaweed doesn't look particularly attractive but get up close and there is a world of beauty to see.



No comments:

Post a Comment