26 October, 2013

Elephants on Parade 5

This morning I set out on a major safari to track down more of the Elephants on display around Dana Point.

My first stop was along Pacific Coast Highway to photograph the first two elephants.



My next stop was Dana Point Harbour. It was a cool foggy morning down at the harbour - perfect for walking here, there, and everywhere.










I had trouble finding some of the elephants until I was directed to this sign showing that some of them had moved to a temporary grazing area in Los Angeles.


While I was in the area, I walked over to another part of the harbour to my current favourite elephant. I had photographed it from the car (while hubby was driving) and wanted to get a close up view and see what was on the other side.







Then it was onto Lantern Bay Park which is across the road from Doheny State Beach.






This last elephant was painted by a local artist I once attended a painting demonstration by. This elephant is at the entrance to a resort above the park. There are more elephants inside the resort but as a non-guest I could not go in.


2 comments:

  1. These elephants are fantastic! I don't know which one I like best. They are all so creative and beautiful. What a fun safari you went on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike real elephants, I didn't have to worry about them stepping on my foot if I got too close. :-)

    ReplyDelete