02 April, 2012

Step By Step

I've seen other painters do a step by step posting on one of their paintings so I thought I'd do the same. I didn't quite start at the beginning but you should still get the idea. The painting is an 8" x 8" acrylic on canvas of pink coneflowers.
The painting is based on a photograph I took at an arboretum last year.



I started by covering the canvas with a several values of a green and titanium white mix. After drawing in the particular coneflowers I wanted (an odd number is more pleasing to the eye than an even number) from the photograph, I painted in the cones.



Then I painted in the petals with a mixture of pinks and white.


Then I painted in the stalks.


Lastly, I painted a green and yellow mixture roughly in the background.


This is the painting from a side angle.


Close up detail.




No comments:

Post a Comment