28 February, 2012

Doodle Cards

In between painting sessions, I have been having some fun with some little doodles I did a few months ago.
I always have paper and a pen or pencil and if not actually drawing something, from a photograph or something I can see around me, I will be doodling. Sometimes these doodles will be flowers, sometimes squiggles.
Usually they get forgotten until I come across them when looking for something else. Sometimes I do something that I think has potential and put it aside until I have time to pursue it later.
One of those doodle ideas were some little cartoon characters I created during a meeting*. Two weeks ago I decided to create some cards with those doodle figures and put them together with some phrases I came up with several years ago (as well as making up some new ones).
My 'Doodle Days' cards are now in the San Clemente Art Gallery (100 N Calle Seville, San Clemente, CA 92675), where I am showing some of my work, and have already started selling. Every card is hand drawn and costs $3.
Here are some of the designs I have created so far (please excuse the picture quality - I forgot to photograph them before I had packaged them for sale).





*Studies have shown that people who doodle during meetings generally retain more of the information presented than those who do not.

4 comments:

  1. Great doodles! I retain more when my hands are busy, whether doodling or knitting. I like to knit in church. I love the "Doodle Days" title for your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Once Upon. I've had some of the slogans in a notebook for several years.It is nice to find a home for them at last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are FABULOUS!!! You should sell them in Oberlin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby and I should come and visit you this summer and look for possible outlets. I've sold several already in the gallery in San Clemente.

    ReplyDelete