25 May, 2011

Picture to Painting

I've been working hard and having fun in my art studio over the past few weeks. As I pause to draw breath I thought I'd share a little snippet of how I turned one particular photograph into a painting.




This is a photograph I took at the Flower Fields in Carlsbad.




Here is the painting I created from it.
As you can see I changed the top part of the photograph replacing the dull brown and green colours (and eliminating the people) with a brilliant blue that I captured in other photographs orientated in another direction. I also changed the colour of the flowers in front.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors. Very pretty and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I wanted to give the impression of a mass of flowers and this seemed to be the best way of doing it. I prefer my drawings to be detailed and my paintings more expressive and abstract.

    ReplyDelete