14 February, 2014

Not to be Mist

I can hear the fog horn in the harbour today which reminded me that I haven't posted some photographs from a prior foggy day at the beach. We haven't had   a lot of these kinds of days this winter, so I wanted to go to the beach to enjoy it.

Low tide reveals a rock that looks a little like a dog.


The egrets like low tide. I like the reflections and the way they stand still for so long.




Success!


It doesn't look tasty to me but this egret lost no time in chomping it down.


A sudden gust of wind can play havoc with your hairstyle.


That's better.


Mist and fog lend a mysterious air to the ocean.




When visiting the beach, leave only footprints (not your paper and plastic rubbish).


After a long walk along the beach I was ready for a sit down at the picnic area. I heard some rustling in the bushes but being short-sighted I couldn't see what was happening. I took a picture in that general direction and got lucky.


One of the many squirrels who live in the bushes.


A better shot of one of the bunnies.


Later that day we returned to the beach for the sunset. This was taken from the car with the window down (briefly) as it was rather cold (for the beach).


No comments:

Post a Comment