30 January, 2014

Come Rain, Come Shine

Will we or won't we? Get rain that is. We are in a drought here in southern California as it has been a very dry winter so far. I can't remember the last time we had some rain and even then, it was quite light.
We could do with some from my home country England which is getting more 
than its fair share. The forecast for today predicts rain. I hope they are right.

This is me in the San Juan Creek at the ocean end. Normally I couldn't be standing where I am as it would be underwater.



Dry as a bone. Even the ducks have taken to the ocean.


Better news: the cycle and walking path to the beach is open again after being closed for maintenance. Hubby and I like to take this path to check out the surf and for exercise.


A portion of beach that has been stained by the iron in rocks that have become exposed over the winter.


Recent sunsets.






It was a bit windy and foggy last night but we decided to have a fire at the beach anyway. I love the sparks made when the fire is stoked.






No comments:

Post a Comment