09 December, 2013

Reading Art

It is frustrating not to be able to work on my art while I recoupurate from a car accident, but I have to think long term. 
Once thing I can do is read so I am catching up with some of the art books I have. 
One such book is a fun little book I received from a friend called 'Steal like an Artist'. I think it is meant for a younger audience but it was still interesting and had some good advice for artists of all ages.

I am currently reading 'Art as Therapy' which takes a thoughtful look at the various functions of art and the way in which it can make our lives better. One of my favourite portions so far is where the author says that paintings of people doing ordinary things (in the example given, drinking a cup of tea) can cause us to elevate our view of ordinary daily activities and therefore find greater happiness and satisfaction through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment