07 May, 2013

Lake View

Here is another look behind plein air painting.

My next painting spot was beside a lake in Irvine, very different from the previous week's location. Thankfully the temperatures were lower and there was lots of shade.

There was also some very visible and noisy wildlife.



Which were also cute.


But a little worrying too. 

Having once been chased by a goose, I decided that keeping a decent distance between me and a goose and its babies felt like the right thing to do.


There were a lot of elements in the scene in front of me so it took me a while to decide what to do. Painting wisdom states that it is what you leave out of a scene that is often more important than what you put in.


In the end I decided to simplify and turn this urban lake scene into a rural lake scene. So no houses, no boats, no docks, no gazebo.

Next time I'll post my finished painting.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely, I didn't know you kept a blog...something to look forward to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a bit spotty on posting since last summer. So don't hold your breath though I am trying to get better.

    ReplyDelete