06 February, 2013

Good Times


I love this sign that I saw in Laguna Beach last week.

What constitutes 'the good life' is very different for each of us. For me it is going to the beach, painting, drawing, spending time with my husband and friends, reading, cooking, gardening, and going to new places.

I feel very blessed that I am able to do these things but it didn't all come at once and there were many sacrifices along the way. I still sacrifice things of lesser importance for the things I value most, keeping my eye on the long term. I value the small steps forward I am making towards my goals and I never take any of it for granted



4 comments:

  1. Very wise! I like that gateway and the sign. Makes me wonder what kind of beautiful garden lies behind the gate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to say. Since it is on the ocean side of Pacific Coast Highway there might just be a fabulous view on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful post. I too no longer take things for granted due to so much loss recently and those losses happening right now in my life. You are very wise. You understand needs vs. wants and priorities. You know when to sacrifice.....Again, I love and respect your wisdom. I too am learning to make the kind of choices you are making so as not to waste time and live a life with more quality.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it takes a long time to get the kind of life you want although part of it comes from inside, in your attitude, as things happen to us over which we have no control. These things can prevent us from moving forward with specific plans. So I believe that part of the good life is the things we can do or think which do not depend on money or other people. Some people give up on their dreams too early and satisfy short-term wants ahead of long-term plans.

    ReplyDelete