27 December, 2011

What's the Point?


Amid all the cooking and eating I have been doing this Holiday season, there has also been time for painting. This is a small piece (5" x 7") I did to experiment with different palette knives from the ones I usually use.
It is of the beach at The Point in Dana Point. This is a favourite place I like to visit. I find the rolling in of the waves very therapeutic and allows me to focus my thoughts about what I need to do that day or in discovering a better way of doing some things than I have been doing.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Jacqueline. I like this painting and the one you posted before it. It's great that you have a special place to visit and can capture it with your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting how things become much clearer sitting there than they are at home or even walking somewhere else. I think a lot of it is being removed from the situation and time alone with the internet etc.

    ReplyDelete