20 February, 2011

Pencil Power


Since I describe myself as an artist, I thought it might be time to post some of my art on my blog.



Excuse the poor quality of the pictures but I have done it on purpose to prevent people from copying them.




These drawings are from one of my sketchbooks. It's a good way to make waiting time less tedious.
This sketchbook is from an English company called Derwent who also make the coloured pencils I use. It's a pretty strong book. It survived being dropped into a toilet bowl (not on purpose) at a roadside rest. Some of the pencils I use are water soluble so I was convinced the colours would run, but the elasticated closure kept the pages so firmly together the water didn't penetrate. A monumental relief after all that work.




This and the next picture are from another sketchbook.




Sometimes these drawings prompt a painting and sometimes they are just fun to do and an excuse to document something beautiful.

2 comments: